Reese Preventive Training Method – RPTM
What is RPTM?
RPTM concept Reese Preventive Training Method
By Vibeke Sch. Reese, KPA Certified Training Partner. Assistant Certified Dog Trainer
RPTM is based on the contact and communication between dog and owner.
Concepts are built around reading and understanding the dog’s body language and facial gestures in minute details, which allows you to react immediately and correctly in relation tothe given signals and in this way prevent a negative / excitable reaction from the dog.
About Vibeke Sch. Reese
In her quality as a trained animal keeper in a zoo, studied wolves for many years, and worked as an specialist trainer and behavior consultant for dogs and other species Vibeke has over the years developed the concept. Her work in training other species has taught her the importance of being able to read animals’ small signals and to read them fast, both to prevent a possible, launch from the animal and to help the animal if that is needed.
This technique allso offers the opportunity to enhance and strengthen communication with animals, here by the dog.
Once you have learned to understand the importance of the signals and understand them, you can therefore prevent many situations from developing, into an undesired reaction. .
Vibeke quickly learnt the importance of reading bodylanguage when she trained and worked with lions and tigers .
If the owners learn to see the little signals that tell the dog is on the way to react, whether it is a negative or happy reaction, many situations can be prevented.Vibeke Reese
Can you read the Signals
Learning to see what the dog says, can prevent many bad situations.
Most people know how a scared dog, an insecure dog or a mad dog looks and acts.
If the owners learn to see the little signals that tell the dog is on the way to react, whether it is a negative or happy reaction, many situations can be prevented.
It lowers both the dog and the owner’s stress level.
The dog’s stress level is lowered by knowing that his owner understands him and respond to help him when he needs it. The dog feels comfortable knowing the communication between him and his owner is in order.
Many dogs are stated as “aggressive” because they launches at other dogs, snarres at people or mark bites after dogs or people. And all they actually needs, is help to deal with a situation they cant handle them selv.
The owner doesnt react upon the dogs submitive signals because he doesnt see and understand the dogs signals so the dog feels pressed to show aggression to prevent the other dog from comming any nearer.
Learning to see what the dog says and how to reackt and what to do, can prevent many bad situations.
The owner’s stress level is lowered because he has learned to read the dog and can prevent unpleasant situations and are confident in their own ability to control the various situations they come in with their dog.
- The owners doesnt stress because he knows how to calm his dog in situations where the dog is affraid, unsecure, or anxius because he has learned to recognize the different signs his dog shows and therefor he relaxes moore.
To be able to prevent a situation and recognize the different signals of the dog to increase the contact between dog and owner, it requires that the owner learns about the dog’s facial expressions and body language in general and through the knowledge learn to interpret their dog’s personal signals and reaction pattern .
Join one of our seminars
A RPTM course or seminar can be done in various ways such as:
3 hour evening lecture
3 hour evening lectures via powerpoint.
14 hour weekend course
14 hour weekend course where one day the participants will work with their own dog and the day after, dogs meetings with other owners and dogs Will be video taped and reviewed after each meeting.
Mental surplus in the dog
Mental surplus in the dog. There is much both theory and practice.
7 hours of full-day session
7 hours of full-day session in which participants have their own dog to work with
5 or 7 day weekend seminar à 7 hours
5 or 7 day weekend seminar à 7 hours of instruction per. day. Participants work with their own dogs and dog meetings. Dogs Meetings with figurant dogs. Helping or stop the dog from Body blocking. Proper reinforcement where, how and how often.
RPTM instructor training and certifications.
For any questions, or to book a course / seminar please feel free to contact Vibeke Sch. Reese
The courses includes :
- Learning to see when the dog asks for help, and how to help a dog through Body blocking
- Learning to see if the dog needs help or to be stopped via Body Blocking
- Learning the difference between stop and help by Body Blocking
- Reading your own dog’s signals.
- When and how the dog must be stopped so that a bad situation can be prevented.
- How to build the dog’s mental capacity, so the dog and the owner will have a calm and harmonious cohabitation .
- Learning about what and how to support and praise the dog properly so the dog feel calm and at ease as a new place during lectures or during visits.
- What signals you should watch out for when you pass another dog. And how to respond.
- Learning what a “cut of signal” is, and how to use it.
- To praise dogs in the right places and the right way, both with words and treats his own body language